Monday 5 January 2015

Shoe review: Drench 'em.


One thing about getting a dog is that you (quickly) learn that you're going to need a better pair of Wellington boots than the ones you picked up in the Topshop sale for £12 two years ago. Granted, I do have the trusty bogey-green pair that have somehow managed to fit me for the last ten years, but my mothers commandeered those recently. Luckily, I was perusing the Dr. Martens sale the other day (yes I'm waiting for you Molly/Holly) and saw that their "Drench" style - aka Doc wellies - were in the sale for £40! Jumping right on that, I ordered a pair in matte purple, just to be on the jazzy side of things.They came a couple of weeks ago, and even though I had time to Instagram them fresh out of the box, I haven't (/still don't, really) had time to write a proper post.


Upside: I've fully tested them out with the few weeks of continuous rain Britain has recently been blessed with! I'm pleased to report that they're as practical as they are cute - I've had no leakages, and the best thing is that they effectively look like a pair of normal Docs. This means I can wear them when drizzle is forecast and not look like a paranoid idiot when it stays dry! The laces make them look fiddly but actually when they're untied you can slip them on and off quite easily. The only thing I would say is that even though they come up higher than your average 1460s, they wouldn't take you through a proper wade in a deep puddle/river/lake/the sea. They also do come up slightly small - I needed my original 1460s in a size 3, but having read some of the comments on these I decided to size up, and they're still quite snug. They're not uncomfortable, or too small, but there's no need for the thick pair of socks I usually wear with rain boots! 

Product: Dr. Martens Drench Boot
Material: Vulcanised natural rubber; fleece lining
Heel: 0.8"
Price: £40-£75
Colour(s)ON SALEmatte purple, yellow patent, purple patent, matte yellow, matte pink (which also has an extra-tall version called 'Shower'). FULL PRICE: hot pink patent, red patent, black patent, matte cherry red, matte green.
Sold at: Dr. Martens stores and various other retailers (to find your nearest location, click here)
Buy onlinehere

No comments:

Post a Comment