Saturday 28 November 2015

Dear Santa...

I’ve seen lots of ‘Christmas gift guides’ around, and while it’s a bit self-indulgent writing about what I’d like to find under the tree, I thought I’d share them before doing a more traditional ‘gift ideas’ post. Let me know what you think in the comments: what’s on your Christmas list? What are you thinking about getting other people? Do you like surprises or have you already shared your Amazon wishlist with all your family and friends?




The boots that started it all
(1) ASOS “Kiss Me Quick” over the knee boots (£50.00)
I’ve been obsessed with over the knee boots since I saw Pretty Woman, but I’ve never dared buy a pair because of my thunder thighs (and the danger of looking too Pretty Woman!). However, I’ve lost a bit of weight recently (woo!) and welcomed the influx of platform-heeled OTKs (over the knee-s) last autumn. However, because I know I wouldn’t wear them frequently, I didn’t take the plunge until I found these £39.99 babies at H&M a few months ago! Like the insatiable shopper that I am, it wasn’t long until I started thinking “wouldn’t it be great to have these with a flat sole?!” so they’re on the top of my Christmas list. I’ve only ever bought one pair of shoes from ASOS before, but they were really comfy and although they wore out quite quickly, I did wear them almost every day! I feel like these wouldn’t get as much wear, and £50.00 is about my budget from my parents. I’ll wear them during the day - as I only wear my heeled H&M ones for nights out - with leggings, jeans, and skirts. I feel like they can really turn an outfit up a notch, so I can give old outfits a new pop.
Want score: 10/10

(2) Adele “25” (£11.00)
I have a feeling this will be on a lot of wish lists this year! I’ve never been a huge Adele fan, but I love ‘Hello’ and want to see what else I might like on her latest album. It’s not been put on streaming sites, and I like to own physical CDs anyway, so I’m hoping my sister will remember that I want this. We generally do a few little presents for each other, but enjoy surprises; we know each other so well that we always love what we get! Fingers crossed.
Want score: 8/10

Kendall Jenner's smoky eye look at
DVF's A/W 2015/6 show
(3) Urban Decay “Naked Smoky” eyeshadow palette (£38.00)
My make-up routine has been pretty much the same for the last three years or so. For day: foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, mascara. For night: foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, mascara, and either a strong lip or winged eyeliner (à la Adele!). Looking back at photos of my blue-eyeshadow-to-my-brows stage - please tell me everyone had one! - had put me off eyeshadow, until this year. Now I’m ready to try again, and what better way to go than with a Naked palette? I hear so many good things about these collections, but I’m not really a nude kind of girl (I don’t go for the no-make-up make-up look; what’s the point?!) so the smoky collection should be perfect for me. There’s a great variety of shades to try out; I’m so excited to practice and see what I can come up with! A soft smoky eye was a big trend on the A/W ’15 runways, so I’ll be looking for tips from the MUAs who worked those. 
Want score: 9/10



It’s a bit pointless including this product, because a) it’s only on the Canadian Sephora site, and I’m in the U.K., and b) it’s sold out! But as my make-up collection grows and grows, I’ve found myself needing a bigger bag. Normally I just head to Boots and grab the one I hate the least, but I spied this line (there are a few different designs to choose from) whilst in Washington D.C. visiting my boyfriend earlier on this year - and I am a sucker for a slogan! It’s bigger than my current bag, but still small enough to fit in my handbag, and even though it’s unlikely I’ll manage to get it, a make-up bag in general is definitely on my list. 
Want score: 7/10

I’m embarrassed to say that I often use my fingers to apply make-up, but I’ve been reading how bad it is for your skin… Then, I was watching old Zoella videos (why is her voice simultaneously irritating and soothing?!) and she used a foundation brush by this brand. Before I Googled, I assumed it would be massively expensive, but then I found this collection on Amazon for just under £14! It’s also a bestseller and has great reviews, so I figure it will do well as a starter pack for me! There are four brushes included: a detailer brush, a pointed foundation brush, a buffing brush, and a contour brush. These all relate to your base, and I’ve been dedicating lots of time to perfecting a flawless, everyday base since I’ve become more interested in beauty. This collection will give me the opportunity to experiment with things such as setting powder and the contouring craze.
Want score: 8/10 



Hopefully I’ll be preparing some product reviews on some of the items above come the New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment